normal Martini system blowing up (lincs warnings)

• vikasdubey1008
  • vikasdubey1008's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
7 years 6 months ago #5933 by vikasdubey1008
Martini system blowing up (lincs warnings) was created by vikasdubey1008
Hi everyone,

I am using MARTINI polarisable water model. I have created at very large lipid patch of mixed bilayer (8190 lipids) using insane.py containing ( 80% DOPC and 20 % DOPS) then I tried to add ions to neutralise my system. In the process of generating *.tpr, I got a mismatch warning :

Warning: atom name 39313 in topol.top and DOPC-DOPS.gro does not match (CNO - CN0)
Warning: atom name 39325 in topol.top and DOPC-DOPS.gro does not match (CNO - CN0)
Warning: atom name 39337 in topol.top and DOPC-DOPS.gro does not match (CNO - CN0)

Which I ignored using maxwarn.

Then I tried doing energy minimization.

integrator = steep
dt = 0.02
nsteps = 5000
nstxout = 1000
nstvout = 1000
nstlog = 1000
nstxtcout = 1000
xtc-precision = 100
energygrps = membrane solute

cutoff-scheme = Verlet
nstlist = 20
ns_type = grid
pbc = xyz
verlet-buffer-tolerance = 0.005

coulombtype = reaction-field
rcoulomb = 1.1
epsilon_r = 15 ; 2.5 (with polarizable water)
epsilon_rf = 0
vdw_type = cutoff
vdw-modifier = Potential-shift-verlet
rvdw = 1.1
tcoupl = v-rescale
tc-grps = membrane solute
tau-t = 1.0 1.0
ref-t = 310 310

I have tried lot of lots of tweaks e.g. step size but dint work. I always ended with up lincs warnings.

Another thing that I tried that I created a small patch 512 lipids and replicated it using genconf. Again, I got lincs warnings and simulation crashed. What could I do be the possible reasons ? How can I resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #5965 by bart
Hi vikasdubey1008,

I think the epsilon you use e=15 is for the standard MARTINI and not the polarisable system. U should use the value behind the semicolon e=2.5. This could solve your problem. I also see you use the coulomb type=reaction-field which is fine, but if proper electric interactions are important you could consider using PME, though this will be considerably slower (which might be a problem considering your system size).

Second I think it would be wise to start with a considerable smaller patch and work out what you want to do. Then if that works, make the larger system and run all the things you have tested before on the smaller one.

Cheers,

Bart
PhD student at the MARTINI lab

More
7 years 6 months ago #5968 by peterkroon
Replied by peterkroon on topic Martini system blowing up (lincs warnings)
In addition, if the minimization still won't work, replace the constraints in the PW molecule for stiff bonds and try running the minimization again. Afterwards, change them back to constraints for your equilibration/production.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7194 by yogi@martini
Replied by yogi@martini on topic Martini system blowing up (lincs warnings)
Sometimes LINCS warning comes because of the beads overlap. Try reducing the time step during minimization, once system relaxes a little bit you can increase time step.
Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds