normal Why too many links are not allowed for a post?

• lanselibai
  • lanselibai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 1 month ago #8022 by lanselibai
Dear martini friends,

I was trying to post this on this martini forum as well.

mailman-1.sys.kth.se/pipermail/gromacs.o...February/124086.html

But I was told there are too many links and could not be posted.

I tried to use hyperlink but still the same error.

Can I ask why too many links are not allowed?

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Cheng

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #8025 by Pim
Dear Cheng,

Sorry, but messages with a lot of links get flagged as spam by the system and sometimes get removed before we even see them. The forum suffers from spambot attacks, so it's difficult to avoid that.

A few answers to your question on the mailing list:

1. Don't confuse the words POLAR and POLARISABLE
The martini versions with P suffices (e.g. martini_v2.2P) are polarisable versions, which means that they have point charges that can move with respect to the center of the beads, which allows for somewhat more realistic electrostatic interactions. All versions can be used for polar molecules, but if you need extra attention for charge-charge interactions, the polarisable versions can help you. For starters, I'd recommend you to choose between the 2.2 and 2.2P versions depending on whether you want polarisability.

2. The refP versions are developed by the Smiatek group and present an alternative for polarisable water and ions. If you want to know more, you have to read the paper that's mentioned in the head of the refP itp file. However, you are right that it's very confusing that it mentions you need the refion.itp and refPOL.itp as they don't exist. refion.itp would be the file ions.itp in the folder. refPOL.itp is missing, and it only exists as an addition to the bottom of the martini_v2.2refP.itp that is on the Particle Definition page.

I'll forward your suggestions to the webmaster, I think it is indeed time to change the layout a bit to help users choose the right force field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds