normal Unable to view the nanoparticle simulation tutorial

• padmani09
  • padmani09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #7147 by padmani09
The tutorial for nanoparticle simulation is opening with error "#404 Article not found "

Please help..!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7150 by riccardo
Can you post here the broken link?

• padmani09
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #7155 by padmani09

More
7 years 1 month ago #7156 by riccardo
Thanks. Where did you find the link?

I did not know of any nanoparticles tutorials on the Martini website and I cannot find any now by going through the tutorials you can find at www.cgmartini.nl/index.php/tutorials .

There are files (and references) Luca Monticelli provides on his website for carbon nanoparticles systems, plus some general information (and references) here .

• padmani09
  • Visitor
7 years 1 month ago #7158 by padmani09
Thaks Riccardo.

I configured it later that its not a tutorial but the same project description page " www.cgmartini.nl/index.php/62-about/gallery/277-nano ".

Actually I want to do a simulation for a metal-oxide nanoparticle using CG model and martini force field but not able to configure things.

Can you suggest me that how I can build a CG model for a metaloxide nanoparticle.

More
7 years 1 month ago #7160 by riccardo
I have no direct experience with simulating metal or metal-oxide nanoparticles with Martini and note that this is not one of the main applications the Martini model was envisioned for. This means that getting a model for a metal oxide is definitely not very straightforward in Martini, and probably depends on what your research questions are. However, there are some works in the literature, as described in the following:

``[...] In addition, the interaction of other nanoparticles such as gold clusters,288–292 nanocrystals,293 and coated nanoparticles294,295 with lipid membranes has been studied using Martini. As an example, in the work of Lin et al.,288 the interaction of functionalized gold particles with DPPC/DPPG membranes was systematically investigated, showing penetration, disruption, pore formation or wrapping (Fig. 9D) depending on the surface charge of both the nanoparticle and the membrane. In a related study,296 the aggregation of monolayer-protected gold nanoparticles in various solvents was investigated. [...] "

Taken from S. J. Marrink and D. P. Tieleman, Chem. Soc. Rev., 2013, 42, 6801-6822.

I would suggest to start from reading those works, besides the basic Martini force field papers, to get an idea from where to get started.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds