normal Protein conformational changes

• dariush
  • dariush's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #3882 by dariush
Protein conformational changes was created by dariush
Hi All,

I know it is not feasible to study protein folding/unfolding using MARTINI. However, when I use ElNeDyn force field, I can monitor conformational changes, using RMSD, in some extent.
Could you please let me know whether this RMSD results is meaningful? How much I can trust on RMSD results?
In the system containing membrane-protein, I could see that strong interactions represent higher RMSD values for protein (about 0.3nm) while weak interactions give lower RMSD (about 0.2-0.25 nm). I have to mention that it is known that my protein undergoes partial unfolding during the strong interactions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #4014 by xavier
Replied by xavier on topic Protein conformational changes
In case this still applies: the RMSD is nothing else than a measure of the deformation of an object, e.g. a protein, from a reference. It does not give more information. As such you can trust the values.

Then to infer any meaningful interpretation on their values you have to convince yourself and a reader that the changes are indeed representative of a change … may be localising the deformation might help.

dariush wrote: Hi All,

I know it is not feasible to study protein folding/unfolding using MARTINI. However, when I use ElNeDyn force field, I can monitor conformational changes, using RMSD, in some extent.
Could you please let me know whether this RMSD results is meaningful? How much I can trust on RMSD results?
In the system containing membrane-protein, I could see that strong interactions represent higher RMSD values for protein (about 0.3nm) while weak interactions give lower RMSD (about 0.2-0.25 nm). I have to mention that it is known that my protein undergoes partial unfolding during the strong interactions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds