- Last Updated: Wednesday, 28 October 2020 10:21
Death is just the beginning ....
- Last Updated: Saturday, 24 October 2020 08:52
Check out a nice paper from Lucendo et al, in PNAS, showing how TM helix dimerization plays a role in apoptosis. Featuring the Martini 3 beta release, corroborated by atomistic simulations and experimental data.
- Last Updated: Saturday, 17 October 2020 13:06
Working with large systems containing multiple bilayers or other dynamic macroscopic objects? Check out the new MDVoxelSegmentation tool.
Bottom up versus top down
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 22 September 2020 12:05
Cool paper on the phase behavior of liquid crystals, demonstrating the transferability of Martini, outperforming bottom up models:
T.D. Potter, M. Walker, M.R. Wilson. Self-assembly and mesophase formation in a non-ionic chromonic liquid crystal: insights from bottom-up and top-down coarse-grained simulation models. Soft Matter, 2020. online.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 17 September 2020 11:29
Be aware of using proper mdp settings when simulating cholesterol, as it might cause artificial phase separation if you don't, according to Javanainen et al: arXiv:2009.07767