Martini twitter account
- Last Updated: Friday, 07 February 2020 10:55
Apparently there is this new platform called 'twitter'. I thought it would be a good idea to open an account for Martini, so interested people can keep up to date with the latest developments. Check @CG_Martini and #CG_Martini and spread the word ....
Martini proteins on the move
- Last Updated: Thursday, 06 February 2020 09:12
The application range of Martini keeps expanding. See for instance this recent publication from a Japanese group on conformational changes of a protein upon ligand binding:
T. Negami, K. Shimuzu, T. Terada. Chem. Phys. Lett. 742, 2020. doi:10.1016/j.cplett.2020.137144
2020 Martini Workshop
- Last Updated: Thursday, 23 January 2020 20:51
Announcing the 2020 Martini Coarse-Graining Workshop
Where: University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands.
Links to the venue and city:
When: August 23-28, 2020. The workshop starts on Sunday, August 23 at 8 pm (welcome reception), first lecture on Monday, August 24 at 9 am, and finishes on Friday, August 28 at 1 pm.
- Lectures about background, philosophy and theory of coarse-grained models in general but mostly specifically about the Martini coarse-grained model.
- Hands-on sessions where one can experience the aspects of the model, get practical experience with setting-up, running and developing new or refined Martini models. Experienced users are available for guidance and discussion.
Who: Anyone interested! However, we assume that you have a working knowledge of the Linux operating system and some experience on running MD simulations. The idea is that everyone, from beginner to experienced modeller will be able to work and progress on their own. Keep in mind that you will gain more from the workshop if you invest time in some modelling tools before the workshop starts. All hands-on exercises use a recent GROMACS version. We advise you to get some practice with GROMACS before the workshop, in this way you will spend more time on learning coarse-graining than on learning GROMACS.
- Last Updated: Thursday, 16 January 2020 21:44
Largely based on the success story of Martini, the University Polytechnica of Bucharest has awarded Prof. Marrink a honorary doctorate ("honoris causa").
See here for more details of the ceremony, which took place on January 15th in Bucharest in the presence of the rector and several local professors, as well as the embassador of the Netherlands in Romenia.
Stress, stress, nothing but stress ....
- Last Updated: Thursday, 19 December 2019 08:53
Do you find working with lipid membranes stressful ? No wonder ! Check out this new paper from the Deserno group, and learn about how difficult it is to get rid of stress in membranes ....
Hossein & Deserno, Spontaneous curvature, differential stress, and bending modulus of asymmetric lipid membranes. Biophys. J., 2019, in press. doi.org/10.1016/j.bpj.2019.11.3398